In the world of startups, you will often hear the word “pitch”. It refers to the structured and logical way in which you explain your business, mainly to investors.
A business pitch deck is the exposition of your ideas in a clear, structured, and a simple way.
Here we will learn how to prepare a business pitch deck?
Following are the points which you need to cover in your business pitch deck:
• Purpose or Mission: The objective of your company to be described shortly and you should keep it short and simple. Better if it is within 140 characters.
• Size of the Market: Another data in which startups sometimes tend to make mistakes. A good way to describe the size of the market is through the TAM-SAM-SOM:
– TAM: A Total Addressable Market, i.e. the total size of the market that presents the detected problem. You can also see it as the total potential market of customers to whom your product or service is to be sold. The objective of this data is to show the business opportunity that you have in hand.
– SAM: A Serviceable Addressable Market, i.e. the market that you are capable of serving with your current business model. Basically, the SAM is a fraction of the previous one and serves to show the growth potential of the company that you can reach in the current conditions.
– SOM: A Serviceable Obtainable Market, i.e. the market that you will be able to reach through the investment of the planned resources in marketing and sales. In other words, the fraction of the market that you have access to which you will be able to reach.
• Business model: In business pitch deck, Business Model is also called as Revenue Model. In this section, you need to mention about your entire business model. What is the price of your product, how will you pay the bills and how it makes money.
With a great business pitch deck, you can obtain finance for your startup business more likely. You just need to ensure that the story is interesting and compelling.